About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. The aim of the our client is to enable society to thrive and progress, creating new opportunities and solutions for its clients. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1863, the our client operates through a network of around 80 offices globally. It is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Role
IT Cloud Development and Operations team is responsible for managing our IT infrastructure and Kubernetes platform. We are responsible for building and maintaining reliable and resilient infrastructure that enables us to provide best possible quality of service to our distribution partners. We are also providing support to our various teams with matters related to IT infrastructure and related services.
You would be part of the group located in Bratislava, while also cooperating with the groups in different countries around Europe.
• Work on ever evolving architecture of iptiQ AWS cloud infrastructure spanning multiple geographical regions
• Use latest technologies and tools with a goal of providing solutions and automation for our cloud platform, ensure infrastructure networking and computing systems remain available during production hours.
• Responsible for Incident SLAs, 2nd level support related to infrastructure and Kubernetes, perform Incident & Problem Management activities, service level management tasks and execute operational processes.
• Responsible for customer communication of system and application maintenance and outages
• Design and develop features such as monitoring dashboards, custom metrics, log search pattern and alarms required for support of IT Operation.
• Collect and document information about systems performance, problems and failures, share knowledge with colleagues
• Work collaboratively with different IT and business teams
• Coordinate with external vendors who provide core support services.
• Maintain the Cloud Infrastructure, configuration, upgrades and integrations with other systems.
• 3+ years of experience in supporting IT production services and products preferably in public Cloud environment / Infrastructure as Code
• Very good knowledge of JIRA and Confluence from application administrator perspective and user perspective
• Working knowledge of Windows operating systems might be required
• Experience of networking concepts and network protocols including IP, TCP, UDP, HTTP, TLS
• Knowledge of database concepts, technologies and tools
• Perform complex infrastructure debugging and remediation, when needed, to drive Support incident resolution
• Knowledge and practical experience with CI/CD model, DevOps, Scrum, ITIL, Incident Management processes
• You have knowledge of system/application monitoring practices and solutions, experience with a broad range of AWS services, open-source technologies and application servers is beneficial.
• Passion for automation and technology, ability and willingness to learn new technology in a fast-paced environment
• You are self-managed, and able to solve problems and develop solutions independently.
• You work well under pressure and on multiple and conflicting priorities.
• You have excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• You are able to succeed in a multi-cultural, multi-location, virtual and cross functional environment
• You have good command of spoken and written English.
• You are committed to accuracy, attention to detail and quality, focus on delivery, meeting deadlines and providing high quality service to our internal and external stakeholders.
Technologies and tools, we use:
AWS and its services, Terraform, Ansible, GitLab, Docker, Kafka, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Linux, Python, Bash, Java, Node Js and more!
Nice to Have Skills