About the Client
Our client one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. They anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
About the Role
• Work on ever evolving architecture of AWS cloud infrastructure spanning multiple geographical regions by designing and implementing requirements and improvements to our infrastructure running containerized applications, databases and other supporting services.
• Use latest technologies and tools with a goal of providing solutions and automation for iptiQ's cloud platform.
• Participate in architecture decisions and provide design guidance for current and future projects related to our cloud infrastructure.
• Provide 3rd level support related to infrastructure and Kubernetes.
• Become a subject matter expert on various topics, define processes and provide training and documentation for your colleagues.
• Cooperate with different teams on IT project delivery by providing guidance, feedback and work on actual implementations of infrastructure and security requirements.
You would be part of the group located in Bratislava, while also cooperating with the groups in different countries around Europe.
Technologies and tools, we use:
AWS and its services, Terraform, Ansible, GitLab, Docker, Kafka, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Linux (RHEL/CENTOS), Python, Bash, Java, Node Js and more
• Proven experience and skills in architecture and managing of complex IT Infrastructure(s) spanning multiple datacenters (public/private cloud).
• You have hands on experience with managing infrastructure in public cloud environments
• You have previous experience with automation, configuration management, and infrastructure provisioning tools (such as Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, CloudFormation, Jenkins, Gitlab…)
• You have knowledge of technologies related to containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift…)
• You have practical knowledge of programming/scripting languages
• Awareness of IT security topics and trends, vulnerabilities and their remediation.
• Knowledge and practical experience with CI/CD model, DevOps and Agile.
• You have knowledge of system/application monitoring practices and solutions.
• Passion for automation and technology.
• You are self-managed, and able to solve problems and develop solutions independently.
• You work well under pressure and on multiple and conflicting priorities.
• You have an excellent command of spoken and written English.
• You are committed to accuracy, attention to detail, and quality. Focus on delivery, meeting deadlines and providing high quality service to our internal and external stakeholders
Nice to Have Skills