About the Client
Our client is providing international courier, parcel, and express mail services. It is the world's largest logistics company operating around the world.
About the Role
Our client DevOps team is looking for an enthusiastic person who is keen to learn how to develop and to support key systems to ensure the maximum availability and minimal disruption to business continuity.
Applications you will use:
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• PostgreSQL including PostGIS (spatial option)
• Tomcat and / or JBoss and / or Oracle WebLogic Application Server
• Build and maintain software components and CI / CD pipelines for a high-complex systems landscape.
• Demonstrate ownership of assigned tasks and incidents through to restoration and collaborate with other support teams within the organization and external suppliers.
• Monitor the system landscape and implement optimizations as well as carry out administrative tasks to minimize outages.
• Execution of operational acceptance test according to the release to production process
• Bugfixing of existing applications together with development team
• Proficient technical knowledge of Linux operating system
• Advanced knowledge of PostgreSQL; Oracle and / or MS SQL Server would be beneficial
• Experience with CD/CI pipeline including knowledge of GIT, Jenkins and Maven
• Advanced knowledge in at least on scripting language is a must
• Proficient in at least one Application Server
• Practical experience in Application Monitoring with e.g. HP OpenView, Splunk or similar tool
• Ability to use English in daily communication
• Willingness to work together in a shared international DevOps team to support development, bugfixing and improving application performance and robustness
• Good time-management, organizational, multi-task and prioritization skills
Nice to Have Skills
• More scripting languages
• German language