About the Client
Our client is a leading European specialized retail company in the field of electrical and telecommunications services. Their Centre of Excellence in Brno is the specialist internal provider of financial, transactional, HR, logistics and IT services to the UK Ireland and Nordic retail businesses.
About the Role
You as the Cloud Engineer will work on IT Azure Cloud projects. System administration DevOps team currently consist of 20 members and supporting mission critical eCommerce platform (Prod and all Non-Prod env’s) and other important platforms for company’s business. As Brno Infrastructure/DevOps/SRE team is expanding its responsibility to take new ownership for the services across more business areas European countries we are just extending senior team to offer an opportunity for skilled people to bring their experience to work.
- Cloud Engineer role
- Involvement within IT Azure Cloud projects
- To understand client's requirements and consult, implement, support solutions, that meets the customer expectation by adopting company best practices
- Maintain production services by measuring, alerting and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Analysis of repeating errors and finding ways how to automate the processes to avoid them
- Proposition of new opportunities to achieve higher efficiency and stability of maintained platforms
- Identification and active participation on improvements across used technology stack
- Analysis, fixing and resolution of high priority incidents
- Delivery of support in line with SLA and Service quality metrics
- Possible to keep our 24/7 on-call rota
What can you achieve in team?
- You will be part of Cloud Management Operation Team
- You will get experience with managing of large-scale production environment/high traffic website for a retail business
- You will be a part of innovation group bringing new technologies (Cloud-based infra service, Kubernetes, Docker, Puppet, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.)
- You’re welcome to gain our strong Open Source Administration experience
- Proven skills in IT Infrastructure management, Release Management and Cloud practices
- Experience with cloud platform (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google Cloud,… )
- Advanced experience of managing IT systems based on OS Linux/Windows
- Good knowledge of some configuration management systems (e.g. Puppet, Chef, SaltStack, Ansible)
- Basic overview of storage, network and security in Cloud environment
- Experience with DevOps version control systems (e.g. Azure DevOps, Git, Artifactory, GitOps)
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of some scripting language (Bash, Python, PowerShell)
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform)
- Experience with container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker Swarm)
- Knowledge of server and application metric monitoring and logging systems (e.g. Grafana, Prometheus, Splunk)
You can fully enjoy 25 vacation days
▪ 100 CZK/day lunch vouchers via e-lunch card
▪ Bonus and loyalty scheme
▪ Home office, yet office is still partially open, sick days
▪ Extensive training offer; hard and soft skills trainings, language courses, internal conference and interesting guest speakers, currently in a virtual form. We provide ACCA studies to colleagues from financial departments.
▪ You can mix benefits of your choice in our Cafeteria benefit system (holidays, recreation, well-being, work life balance, personal and professional development, literature, e-meal vouchers, etc.)
▪ Contribution to pension or life insurance scheme
▪ Discount for mobile contracts
▪ Company library – you can borrow from wide variety of books on professional development, leadership, business, marketing, public speaking, etc.
▪ Plenty of social events and charity activities (Christmas party, boat party, Halloween party, football tournament, summer BBQetc.) are temporarily stopped, however we are already looking forward to inviting all the new colleagues once we can organize them again