About the Client
Our Client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
About the Role
In the Group Management Squad you will be working in the role of an InfoTech Business Analyst either closely working with the development team, but also participate in vendor solution introduction and support. Jointly we are contributing to our overall IT services for Executive Directors, the Corporate Secretariat, Corporate History and the Foundation. You will ensure accurate transition of the business requirements into technical specifications and implemented IT solutions. You will closely cooperate with the supporting units and their respective business leads/stakeholders. We are looking for a passionate product Business Analyst for our digital platforms with strong agile business analysis skills where you can demonstrate ownership and leadership.
The temporary position is a backfill of an existing position and will be for 1 year with a potential extension for another year.
In your role you are responsible to:
• You initiate, coordinate and lead Group Management projects in an agile organisation setup
• You support continued improvement of the existing Group Management application portfolio
• You help to maintain the product backlog
• You gather requirements with our business owners
• You're able to abstract requirements coming from various stakeholders, defining product business solutions and liaise with our agile teams to transform them into platform capabilities and features
• You synchronize with different platform domains to jointly design cross-domain features
• You prioritize, maintain and update user stories
• You ensure high quality of testing results
• You are supporting change management, facilitate product demos & roadshows from time to time.
3+ years of experience in an InfoTech product business analyst role
• Good track record of successful IT projects
• Quick learner and passionate about application development
• Good communication, and good command of English (knowledge of German is an asset)
• Strong analytical skills and willingness to fully understand a subject domain
• Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with business stakeholders
• Technical knowledge in application development, IT infrastructure and SQL is a plus
• Enjoy teamwork with the ability to take responsibility, be self-reliant and results-oriented
• Attention to detail
- Analytical: You like to analyse and solve technical challenges
- Planning: You understand how to structure topics and how to process tasks in manageable pieces
- Team orientation: You are a good team-player
- Collaboration: You like to collaborate in an international team
- Flexibility: You can deal with changes and keep improving things through creativity and innovation
Nice to Have Skills
• Experience working in agile (e.g. with SAFe) projects using agile collaboration tools (e.g. Azure DevOps)
• a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical field is a plus