About the Client
Our client is a risk tech start-up within one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. They anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Our client provides digital, bespoke and transparent L&H and P&C protection products in a B2B2C manner. Founded in 2014, they are transforming the way consumers buy insurance with a unique digital insurance engine which incorporates the latest technology with world-class underwriting capabilities. They build strong partnerships to sell insurance via trusted brands.
About the Role
Are you passionate about exploring how things really work and understanding the whole picture? Are you looking for an opportunity where you work in a changing environment where you can collaborate with various functions and units within a large organisation? Are you prepared to learn from colleagues with many years of experience and to work for the shared success of your team?
In your role you will have the opportunity to work on global projects as well as support production processes. The project work will focus on data integration, design and development of new interfaces and functions, as well as the support and monitoring of data migrations and reconciliations. On the production side the main tasks will be to support the quarterly closing with special processes and to secure the daily data processing. You will be involved in all steps of a project and the production control and will be assigned own sub-projects which you will manage independently in close collaboration with the project team.
Business analysis of new requirements for new IT-solutions and change request for existing IT-solutions:
• Gathering, discussing and analyzing the requirements for the new solutions and system improvements in close partnership with senior colleagues and our business partners
• Translating the captured requirements into system specifications and documenting them
• Working closely with our application engineers in the implementation phase and ensure the accurate understanding and implementation of the documented specifications
• Developing, performing and documenting functional and non-functional tests
• Documenting the solution
• Independently managing assigned tasks and subprojects
Business support and production control:
• Support financial data migrations and clean-ups in close cooperation with other technical teams and business partners
• Monitoring and maintenance of interfaces and data migration processes
• Performing system reconciliations and data quality checks
• Supporting the financial quarter closing activities
• hold a University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Information Technology or equivalent
• have strong analytical and problem solving skills
• have well-developed communication skills
• have very good knowledge of Microsoft Products (MS Office, Teams, SharePoint), knowledge of SQL is a strong asset for this position
• are proficient in English, German is an asset
• have an agile mentality and are open for new tasks, willing to learn permanently
• are a self-starter, independent and responsive in character and work
• knowledge of basic accounting principles would be an asset
• are open minded
• Analytical: You handle business problems utilizing your own initiative, in accordance to your role.
• Client service: You are aware of the importance of internal and external clients. You are passionate about understanding the needs and goals of our clients and like working with them to meet these. You focus on delivery, meeting agreed delivery dates and providing high quality service.
• Team orientation: You are able to collaborate with others and contribute as part of the team in order to achieve a common goal.
• Flexibility: You demonstrate agility by adapting to changes in objectives and priorities and are flexible in response to changing business needs.
Nice to Have Skills
- Insurance or Financial services experience desirable