About the Client
Our client is a company specialized in developing a software that is responsible mostly for weather prediction and weather visualisation.
About the Role
Expressed in one sentence - client searches for a web developer with sufficient experience. This job gives you freedom in developing the application based on your design but challenges your responsibility to integrate it with parts developed by other project team members
Development of a complete web site with dynamic content - select appropriate technologies, encode graphical artwork design into HTML/CSS or web components, implement back-end connections
- Proven practice in Web development and general orientation in this field.
- Advanced experience with Java Script, HTML and CSS.
- Good knowledge of OOP (object oriented programming) and OOP thinking.
- Experience with dynamic Web content delivery using external Web Service back ends (JSON/XML RPC, REST, SOAP or others).
- Experience with resolving HTML/CSS incompatibility problems in various Web browsers.
- SQL databases.
Nice to Have Skills
Our client works with following technologies (it is nice to have them among your techstack):
- Geospatial (GIS) formats and protocols: KML, WMS, WCS, WFS.
- Java SE, Java EE, EJB, Hibernate, JSP, JSF, other Java Web development frameworks.
- Data formats and processing XML, JSON, XSLD.
- Scripting languages: Python, PHP.
- Configuration of Web Servers (Apache, IIS or Java application servers).
- Graphics design and use of related tools.
- Development of Rich Internet Applications in Adobe Flex and Action Script.
In the future our client plans to work on:
- Development of applications for mobile or tablet devices.
- Development of web portals based on open source frameworks such Liferay.
- Optimization of Web sites for mobile devices.