About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. Daily anticipation and managing a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
About the Role
As User Experience Designer you combine human-centred design with business sense to deliver products and services for internal and external clients.
In this role, you:
• Research, ideate, prototype & test: support (project) teams to jointly understand user needs from our internal clients (employees) or our business units. Apply design thinking methodologies and use design/wireframing software to execute and test. Translate business and user needs into solution concepts that are meaningful, easy to use, and engaging.
• Identify and optimize experience drivers: isolate the most impactful levers across the customer journey, quantify them and recommend actions for a new experiences jointly with our clients. Bring big data to life through maps, dashboards and infographics
• Partner with the business and tackle problems: think creatively with a strong business understanding and a service attitude to align client needs with user and business requirements to design for success.
• Actively develop our portfolio and grow our capability: actively engage our partners to grow our pipeline through impactful projects. Increase the maturity of the organisation's customer centricity through building and engaging a global CX & UX community.
Your work responsibilities are:
1. Research = talking to customers (internal), what do they need, their vision.
2. Ideate = think and develop an idea of the project
3. Prototype = phases of concept, realization of the idea and problem-solving (prototyping and wire-framing processes) trough Axure and Figma
4. Testing = is this new solution effective for user?
- 3+ years working experience in User Experience
- Deep subject matter expertise in UX
- Proficient in at least one wireframing / prototyping application (eg. Axure or Figma)
- In-depth knowledge of user research and testing methods (A/B, multivariate testing)
- English - B2+
Are you comfortable and experienced in agile working environments and have solid project management skills?
Nice to Have Skills
- German, or any additional language
- Prior agency or consultancy experience and (re-)insurance industry experience are an advantage