About the Client
Our client is entertainment group that was established in 2009 and became the largest Central European betting operator. Originally a Czech firm, it has grown into a holding company over time, and it now also operates on the Slovak, Polish, Romanian and Croatian markets.
About the Role
Test Lead will be responsible for leading of Back End and Back Office testing stream of R&D division. The candidate needs to be able to coach and mentor testers of the stream so that they are able to function effectively in their corresponding agile teams and constantly improve the quality of their deliveries. The BO&BE TL will be the first point of contact for project managers that deal with back end and back office projects e.g. middleware, database or retail systems and will lead testing on multiple projects of this kind.
We will appreciate a flexible person with a strong testing, technical and management background that is able to work independently in a dynamic environment with frequent changes.
· Mentoring 10 testers that are assigned to various agile teams developing and testing back office and back end systems and components.
· Coach testers on the topics of test analysis, functional and non-functional testing and technical testing (REST API, SOAP API, DB).
· Preparation of test plans and high-level test analysis for BE & BO projects.
· Be the main partner to project managers when it comes to quality and testing progress of BE & BO projects.
· Coordinate UAT testing on the said projects
· Regularly communicate with business owners, stakeholders and developers in several countries and provide them with testing and quality reports.
· Communicate with vendors, coordinate acceptance testing of their deliveries and negotiate mutual use of test data and environments
· Identify options for test automation and design and plan development of automated tests together with the test automation team (using Selenium, Appium, Cucumber and Java)
· Take over some line management duties – approve leave, plan trainings etc.
· Drive process, technical, and operational improvements
· 5+ years in software testing
· 2+ years proven experience with test management and leading of teams
· Advanced test analysis skills
· Experience with technical testing of APIs (e.g. SOAP, REST, messaging brokers)
· Advanced knowledge of SQL and databases (preferably PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch)
· Knowledge of Agile development and testing (ideally with Scrum)
· Excellent English - written and spoken
· Advanced Czech or Slovak - written and spoken
· EU national or EU work permit holder
Nice to Have Skills
· Knowledge of test automation
· Knowledge of object-oriented programming and/or scripting
· Knowledge of sports betting and online casino – from user and/or backend perspective
· Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and DevOps concepts
· Knowledge of Kubernetes/Openshift
· Knowledge of Cucumber BDD framework