About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. The aim of the our client is to enable society to thrive and progress, creating new opportunities and solutions for its clients. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1863, the our client operates through a network of around 80 offices globally. It is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Role
As part of the team Technology Quality & Assurance Services, you will support all build and run activities within IT. Team ensures the architectural fit and the end-to-end quality of all IT solutions, whether in-house developed or 3rd party solutions requiring technical integration.
Your primary responsibility is to ensure and improve the quality of company´s IT infrastructure. You have insight in all important IT projects and visibility to senior management.
- Introduce and utilize Service Reliability Engineering practices to improve the quality, security, reliability and performance of the whole lifecycle of IT infrastructure services, from design, through deployment, operation and improvement.
- Support the cloud transformation of the IT organization to public cloud environments (Azure, AWS, Alibaba) and modern technologies.
- Perform quality reviews for prioritized development artefacts (architectural and solution design, system configurations with special focus on the security and business continuity aspects).
- Raise infrastructure quality risks to the appropriate level of risk taker.
- Reflect on, improve and share technology standards, guidelines and best practices to avoid duplication of past mistakes.
- Drive the community communication process "Architecture Forum", which serves as a reflection, learning and norming body for technology architecture, design and quality.
- Support project teams with design, architecture, or technology challenges.
- Contribute to the further development of our infrastructure architecture landscape.
Ideally, you are a solutions architect with a full-stack developer background and solid experience as a Service / Site Reliability Engineer, or an IT infrastructure engineer. You have a broad, end-to-end understanding of IT infrastructure and platform services, but are also able to drill down to understand solution components and the factors that impact their quality. You have an in-depth understanding on end-to-end application security, including infrastructure and cloud solutions. You have a passion for technology and are now looking for a job with a global impact.
- More than 7 years relevant working experience, including experience in managing team members, suppliers and vendors.
- BSc or MSc in a relevant field (Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar).
- Experience in introducing DevOps, Continuous Delivery, and "Infrastructure as Code".
- Strong experience in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting IT infrastructure systems, including various Cloud platforms.
- Expert in technical solution design, technology architecture and technologies in an enterprise environment.
- Practical skills in applying state-of-the-art procedures, tools and methods to realise IT solutions and systematically solve problems.
- Experience with the major Cloud platforms, MS Azure preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Proven ability to own, drive and manage change across a complex environment.
- Very strong team working skills, ability to promote cross-functional teamwork.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English (written and spoken), German beneficial.
Nice to Have Skills