About the Client
The client is Europe's leading specialist electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company.
Their Centre of Excellence in Brno is the specialist internal provider of financial, transactional, HR, logistics and IT services to the UK & Ireland and Nordic retail businesses.
About the Role
Technical Lead is the most important technical position within development teams with a responsibility for one product team and subsequent applications. We are looking for a strongly technical-oriented candidate with good communication and leadership skills who will be able to lead a team of the engineers, establish the best practices in programming and processes, gain the deep knowledge of our existing IT systems and will own architectural decisions as well as will contribute to the overall platform roadmap.
Technical Lead is closely cooperating with Product Owner, Architecture and business teams and propose the appropriate solution to deliver required functionality.
He/she also ensures the result meets all the standards and fit into the platform strategy.
- Work together with Brno based e-Commerce platform teams and UK business and management teams
- Responsibility for an application technical solution and deciding which technology is the best for the developed tasks
- Communication of application architectural vision with all teams including but not limited to: Product Owners
- Architects, Developers, System/Database administrators, Analysts, Project Managers and business stakeholders
- Propose and participate on tasks from the platform roadmap
- Participate actively in Request For Change feasibility analysis process (providing estimates and various solution options)
- Hands-on participation during discovery and implementation phases of features and projects
- Proactively propose improvements to achieve higher efficiency and stability of the applications
- Technical leadership and coaching of team members
- Technical advisory during highly critical production incidents resolution
- Stewardship of the team to incrementally improve developed applications
- Write/update technical documentation
- Excellent knowledge of large web-facing production systems development
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility with desire to maintain and improve current platform is a must
- Demonstrated proficiency in multiple areas of programming (web development, performance tuning, etc.)
- Passion for proactive exploration of new technologies and open source
- Experience with modern web architecture, principles – microservices, API gateways, headless, message queuing, event driven development, caching, loadbalancing, containers, relation and document databases
- Expert knowledge of one of widely used programming language – PHP, JS, Python, Ruby, Perl, Go, Java (of other JVM language), C#
- Ability to understand/define pros and cons of different architecture approaches
- Experience with designing or tuning of large-scale databases
- Good knowledge of the IT security principles
- Excellent communication skills in English
Nice to Have Skills
- Good knowledge of agile principles