About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cyber crime. Our client is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Role
Are you looking for a new role where you can shape and drive the business, show true leadership while taking personal accountability?
For our client we are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated team lead to join the Solvency II business analysis team within client's Information Technology division.
You will work in the area of clients composite Solvency II reporting environment. You will be responsible for the design, development and rollout of new components as well as the repeating setup and adoptions of quarterly financial processes.
- You are accountable for a local team with full HR responsibility. You empower people to achieve excellence in their performance. You are happy to give frequent, honest, fair, clear, and constructive feedback to colleagues and stakeholders at all levels.
- You will guide the team in providing and setting up the IT infrastructure in order to fulfil the regulatory requirements on Solvency II reporting.
- You will be available for client´s finance business partners during the quarterly and annual submission cycles for any kind of user requests. You are spreading enthusiasm for keeping client´s clients at the center of what client does.
- You will support major Finance transformation programmes and other projects as a domain specialist and knowledge holder for Solvency II.
- You will engage with client´s finance peers to analyze the need and possibility of improving established processes and systems.
- You will support the implementation of change requests starting with collecting requirements, writing concepts, support implementation, testing, roll out and finally productive support
- In your previous role you were able to build knowledge as a business analyst for some years, bring good knowledge in field of Finance or Economics/ Solvency II. You were always passionate about combing those skills with the affinity and love for information technology.
- University degree in Finance, Economics or STEM
- Strong willingness to further deep dive into reporting or accounting standards
- You are fluent in English, not afraid of asking questions and prefer an open communication.
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with business counterparts
- You have worked around five years as a business or financial analyst. Ideally you were able to grow your people management skills in a team lead position.
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience in writing and running SQL and experienced MS Office know-how is a plus.
- Experience in the area of financial services is a plus.
- Knowledge of Solvency II of other accounting regulations is clearly an advantage.