About the Client
Our client is providing international courier, parcel, and express mail services. It is the world's largest logistics company operating around the world.
About the Role
The role will be a part of the enterprise BI development team and will be in charge of architecting, managing and running Tableau platform with the setup of an organisation-wide visual analytics.
This is a highly dynamic position that requires a great degree of flexibility, analytic agility, and the ability to rapidly adapt to changing business requirements/needs, new technologies, and data sources.
This role requires close integration and partnership with the Business Data Analytics team and requires business acumen in order to output the best technical solutions.
• Implement visual data analytics solutions using Tableau that meet business requirements including requirements understanding (not gathering), data analysis and design, and development of effective user interfaces
• Perform Tableau Admin tasks such as User\License maintenance, Data Connections, Data level & Dashboard level Security, Data Extracts, Schedules for Background Tasks and Incremental Refresh
• Monitor Tableau server performance and perform optimization
• Monitor and track usage of data and resources
• Perform and document data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design.
• Work together with a data engineer to optimize the underlying data structure for Tableau’s engine.
• Establish and manage best practices for organizing development and published reports in Tableau Server.
• Ensure integrity and security of data assets.
• Work together with internal IT teams to ensure efficient and secure data sourcing
• Work together with external vendors to ensure delivery per business requirements
• Ship high-quality solutions with a sense of urgency and speed
• Maintain code version control and documentation
• Advanced knowledge of Tableau BI application creation and server-side functionalities, including add-ons.
• Advanced knowledge of Tableau reports performance optimization.
• Knowledge of Tableau advanced functions like AI/ML interfaces, geospatial, and write-back
• Hands on experience in Data modelling, tuning, troubleshooting queries
• Proficient in SQL;
• Tableau Administrator certification
• Experience working with Snowflake and Teradata is highly preferable
• Experience with cloud storage, hosting, and compute environments
• Understanding of Agile methodology and DevOps
• Proven capabilities to build and maintain BI solution on large and complex data sets
• Good knowledge of at least one of the functional areas: customer relationships and sales, supply chain, e-com, freight forwarding/express/logistics operations, any service operations
Nice to Have Skills
• Knowledge of Python as a plus
• Experience with PowerBI is a plus