About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cyber crime. Our client is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Role
- The Digital and Smart Analytics Service unit supports our client's business functions in generating insight from structured and unstructured data for their business and strategic initiatives (e.g., Big Data & Smart Analytics and growth programs).
- Being part of the DSA service unit, the Predictive Modeling Solutions team builds and owns scalable end-to-end analytics solutions that enable data scientists to create and operate various kinds of analytics models, thus following ML/AIOps best practices.
- Are you looking for applying your technical skills with the goal of building innovative analytics solutions?
To extend the existing Digital and Smart Analytics Solutions team we are seeking a motivated Software Engineer, who will contribute to deliver analytics solutions to productive environments, working in tight cooperation with peers, internal experts and business clients to support, organize and manage various activities within the team.
- Lead small sized analytics projects and contribute to the end to end solution implementation
- Validate/evaluate whether a system or architecture meets business needs
- Proactively identify and deliver on continuous improvement of existing solutions
- Ensure timely customer communication and coordination of follow-up activities
- Build up sustainable relationships with key business and IT stakeholders in order to become a trusted partner in the field of data analytics
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development in an enterprise environment
- Strong technical skills on Python, Spark and ideally Java
- Experience in leading small sized projects, including stakeholder management
- Experience with solution architecture design
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- High degree of independence and proactive working style
- Ability to work well on multiple priorities
- Strong commitment to quality and timely delivery
Nice to Have Skills
- Understanding of (Re-) insurance and/or financial services information needs
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud or similar cloud providers
- Experience in data science