About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime
About the Role
The Digital and Smart Analytics Service unit supports client's business functions in generating insight from structured and unstructured data for their business and strategic initiatives (e.g., Big Data & Smart Analytics and growth programs).
Being part of the DSA service unit, the Information Retrieval Solutions team builds and owns scalable end-to-end solutions in the area of information retrieval, text mining, big data/document analytics, and natural language processing/understanding.
Are you looking for applying your technical skills with the goal of building innovative information retrieval and big data solutions?
To extend the existing client´sDigital and Smart Analytics Solutions team we are looking for a motivated Software Engineer, who will contribute to deliver innovative information retrieval solutions to productive environments, working in tight cooperation with peers, internal experts, and business clients to support, organize and manage various activities within the team.
- Lead small sized projects and contribute to the end to end solution implementation
- Design a solution architecture embedded in the wider enterprise context to meet the business needs
- Proactively identify potentials for continuous improvement of existing solutions
- Ensure timely customer communication and coordination of follow-up activities
- Apply and implement agile and DevOps best practices while driving the project forward
- Build up sustainable relationships with key business and IT stakeholders in order to become a trusted partner in the field of information retrieval and big data/document analytics
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development in an enterprise environment
- Strong technical skills on Java, Elasticsearch and ideally Python/PySpark
- Understand complex enterprise software landscape: distributed systems, big data, security and high-traffic concepts
- Experience in or willingness to learn leading small sized projects, including stakeholder management
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- High degree of independence and proactive working style
- Strong commitment to quality and timely delivery
Nice to Have Skills
- Understanding of (Re-) insurance and/or financial services information needs
- Experience with Microsoft Azure/AWS cloud or similar cloud providers
- Experience in data science including natural language processing/understanding