About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. The aim of the our client is to enable society to thrive and progress, creating new opportunities and solutions for its clients. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1863, the our client operates through a network of around 80 offices globally. It is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Role
We are looking for our client experienced Java Developer.
You will be main responsible for the backend part of the application used during financial closing process (Java + PL/SQL.code).
Your daily tasks will include:
- Perform technical analysis, system design, implementation and unit/system testing components in a close cooperation with business/IT project lead
- Collaborate with other teams in an international and multicultural setup in defining functionality, scope and time lines
- Ensure the solution get developed and documented in an agile, flexible way and remain maintainable by keeping a clean design and following internal standards
- Ability to bring ideas from concept to reality and being able to communicate effectively to all partners
- You will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of components in good quality and on time according to company standards. Testing is essential part of our daily work.
- Have 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Have solid knowledge/understanding and experience in development with the Java platform (Java, Maven, JUnit, JPA …) and Spring Framework
- Are familiar with REST API design principles
- Advanced knowledge of PL/SQL and deep understanding of data modeling
- Have experience working with source control tools and are familiar with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools
- You practiced automated testing and you're comfortable working in a test driven environment
- Are familiar with Agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Fluent in English
- Good level of communication and commitment to work in a decentralized team
- Are able to prioritize tasks, delegate and drive objections to completion
- Have self-starting attitude, can deal with stress and work independently
- Are flexible and open for new tasks and eager to learn new things
- Knowledge of Azure Platform is a plus
Nice to Have Skills