About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. Covering both Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
About the Role
In this role you will work as Data Modeller for Data Engineering & BI in Financial Risk Management. You will work in a multi-functional environment on one of our main deliverables. You will interact closely with our business partners and develop, enhance, and optimize our core solutions in an agile setup using industry-leading BI and data technologies (Tabular Model, Power BI Datasets) in Azure cloud.
- Constantly improve and enhance our data models and landscape in DAX and MSSQL together with the business owners. This includes translation of algorithms into code, integration of new data feeds, implementation of new analytical capabilities, refactoring of existing code and defect resolution
- Collaborate closely with business partners and reporting teams to translate algorithms and business needs into code. Rationalize and constructively challenge the requirements, examine alternative options to drive focus on high value improvements and to ensure clean, efficient and performant implementation
- Create specifications and documentation that have appropriate level of detail suitable for use by other technology team(s)
- MSBI expertise (over 2 years' experience) with proven track record of coding DAX and building Tabular Models
- AZURE Data Engineering, DevOps, SQL Server, Power BI, ADF, Synapse, Solutions Architecture.
- Ability to work under stress, prioritize and re-prioritize around changing organizational objectives and timelines
- Strong desire to understand and contribute to the big picture through optimization of the underlying processes
- Enjoy solving challenging problems, both technical and functional
- Proficient in English (written and verbal)
Nice to Have Skills