About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime.
About the Role
We are seeking a senior IT business analyst who will extend the FDS Reporting team within the Finance IT Shared Components, Data & Reporting unit.
You will be responsible for requirements engineering, release coordination and testing of a reporting engine, reporting client application and related components of existing and new solution in close collaboration with associated business analysts and software engineers.
You will work closely with colleagues located in Bratislava, Zurich and Bari.
- You will perform business analysis of new requirements for new implementations and change request for existing solutions
- Solution definition and design based on business analysis
- You will lead, coordinate and execute testing of the solution using automated testing suite
- You will provide solution alternatives and proposals for production issues and challenges as they arise
- You will be responsible for third level support upon request and agreement
- You will collaborate with other teams in defining functionality, scope and time lines
- You will ensure the reporting solutions get developed in an agile, flexible way, on time and in high quality and following internal standards
- Key skills include the ability to bring ideas to concepts and being able to communicate effectively to all partners
- Ability to effectively apply business analyses techniques (i.e. document business requirements, use case diagrams, data modelling )
- 3+ years of experience with Business Analyses
- Knowledge of SQL, XML, Jira, Bamboo is a plus
- High level of abstraction, fast understanding and conceptual thinking
- Curiosity and willingness to constantly learn and improve
- Ability to structure and drive topics
- Interest in new approaches in reporting and data mining
- Ability to understand complex IT and business solutions; to build up knowledge & expertise in the financial reinsurance processes and related areas:
- Finance and closing processes
- Actuarial processes
- Finance IT applied methods and concepts
- Reinsurance in general
- You are familiar with Agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Communication skills – fluent in English
Nice to Have Skills