About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cyber crime. Our client is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Role
You are an experienced database developer, eager to work in a global business support team to develop and optimize our clients operational platform. You will work alongside with business analysts to develop and deploy technical solutions that support multiple business teams.
- Building Oracle Database objects based on the new requirement (Tables, Indexes, views, partitions, constraints, triggers, etc.)
- Refactoring SQL queries and performance tuning
- Writing SQL, PL/SQL programs, Packages, Stored procedures, Functions and Triggers to automate the interface processes for daily/incremental loads
- Database design techniques
- Experience with Oracle database and performance tunning
- Experience with SQL. PL/SQL
- Experience with full development life cycle of Oracle solutions
- Ability to communicate complex analysis results in a clear, precise and actionable manner
- Eager to try out new technologies
- Strong verbal and written English skills
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience in different development methods (Agile, Scrum etc.)
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence applications implemented using in BI/Reporting solutions like such as Power BI, Tableau and BOXI (Business Objects).
- Confirmed track-record of implementing business solutions in the area of Warehouse, BI and reporting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft BI technology (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS).
- Understanding of DAX Query language
- Familiarity with financial products would be a plus (OTC and listed derivatives, equities, bonds)
- Understanding of financial product data models (transactions, positions, security master)