About the Client
International development team working on a SOA e-commerce platform serving as a basis for one of the most popular online shops with electronics in the UK. The platform handles more than 7,000,000 unique visitors per day and processes 8 orders per second during the peak season.
We are agile with the aim of becoming a multichannel leader on the EU market. Our business vision is “We help everyone enjoy amazing technology”.
Central DevOps team promotes the DevOps culture as well as agile development principles and practices, maintains and expands Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment/Delivery pipeline in Currys.
About the Role
Central DevOps team promotes the DevOps culture as well as agile development principles and practices, maintains and expands Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment/Delivery pipeline.
- Automation and enhancement of all aspects of the current release process
- Enhancement and further integration of automated testing process into the release process
- Helping introduction of new technologies to the platform from application point of view (PHP upgrade, migration and virtualization of both production and non-production environments)
- We use Atlassian stack (Bamboo, Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence), Hashicorp tools (Vault, Terraform, Consul), Artifactory as a local Docker hub and build artifacts storage, Grafana and Prometheus for monitoring
- We are focused on automation, provisioning and virtualisation
- Our Bamboo CI/CD pipelines are configured as a code using Bamboo Specs, Vault secrets storage provisioned using Terraform
- We dockerize applications and tools and deploy them to docker-swarm provisioned with SaltStack
- Part of DevOps team is building a cloud solution in Azure using Kubernetes following a long-term initiative to migrate most of our workloads to the cloud.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Delivery patterns in multi-project environment (code + database + configuration)
- Practical experience with GitLab, Terraform, Docker, Consul, Valut
- DevOps mindset – cooperation, knowledge sharing, spreading DevOps culture throughout product teams
- Experience with any cloud solution – AWS, Azure, GCP
- Knowledge of any programming language (preferably PHP/Python), OOP principles
- Knowledge of Atlassian tools
- English spoken and written
Nice to Have Skills