About the Client
Our client is a growth partner for various game developers, focusing on scaling through user acquisition, unlocking monetization potential, and understanding of data.
About the Role
As part of the Data Science Team you’ll be embedded in a client’s game team, actively contributing to game design and direction. Whether working on a live game or a new project, you’ll be responsible for making sure that the client understands how their millions of players interact with the games. At Super Scale we believe that the key to success is continuous learning and to learn you need feedback. Your responsibility as a data scientist will be to provide that feedback.
- Work with product teams to define data to be collected from our products for analysis
- Analysis of key performance indicators, such as retention, lifetime value, player acquisition and virtual economy balance
- Defining the data acquisition of A/B tests and analysis of the gathered A/B test data to estimate the effect on key metrics and provide recommendations
- Develop models for predicting player behavior
- Answer in-depth analytics questions from the team and create reports of the results
- We encourage our members to employ constructive and analytical thinking in problem solving. You must be able to work in a team, but we equally value initiative – voice and explain your own opinion to us and we might just take it. Highly appreciated is passion for clean and effective code and most of all ability to learn quickly.
- M.Sc./Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science)
- Experience in a data scientist or analyst role, involving some of the following: data analytics, CRM data analysis, data mining, business intelligence, machine learning, predictive analytics.
- Solid knowledge of (statistical) programming languages (such as R, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies (for example AWS EMR, Spark, Hadoop, columnar DBs, NoSQL, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Comfortable working in an international, fast-paced, challenging and stimulating organization
- Communication skills. Being able to compile and translate data, numbers and analyses into normal English, and present findings to non-technical audiences
- Experience in feature engineering and model design for machine learning
- Passion for games
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience in video game or entertainment industry, specifically focused on virtual economics
- Experience with operating machine learning products in the wild
- Experience in interpreting data and analytics results to provide actionable insight into user/product behavior and deriving conclusions from those insights