About the Client
Our Client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. They anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
About the Role
For our client we are looking for experienced data engineer who will act as leader- you will be responsible for delivering best in class data engineering capabilities supporting the companies' ambition to become a data driven. We seek for someone with strong skills in designing, building and testing data management solutions within big data cloud infrastructure and someone who has a real passion for truly democratising data for the business and customers.
You will be able to achieve your goals with your experience in the design of data integration frameworks and data models, and through your strong command of data scripting languages be able to implement standardised, performant pipelines at the code level.
- Collaborate with your customers, understanding their data needs, finding innovative ways to bring data into their daily process
- Implement, verify, design, and maintain data management solutions
- Build data architecture for ingestion, processing, and surfacing of data for large-scale applications
- Research and discover new methods to acquire data, and new applications for existing data
- Work with other members of the data team, including data architects, data analysts, and data scientists
- Create full transparency of data for customers to know what is available and how to use it
- Driving the importance for delivery standards
- Create an agile working environment, focussing on the delivery high quality products and providing the ongoing support to meet the customers' needs
- Embedding monitoring of performance and quality of our end to end data landscape from source to user
- Minimum of 5-7 years as a data engineer
- Strategic mindset, able to connect with the big picture and focus on tangible outcomes
- Experienced programmer in Python and R
- Knowledge with Hadoop, HDFS, Spark,
- Knowledge of analytical architecture, DWH , Data Marts, analysis tools such as Power BI , Tableu, QlikView
- A desire and openness to learning and continuous improvement, both of yourself and your team members
- Fluent english
- Experience with the cloud-based services from major cloud providers including but not limited to Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or related quantitative field. We welcome different levels, including graduates.
Nice to Have Skills