About the Client
Our client is providing international courier, parcel, and express mail services. It is the world's largest logistics company operating around the world.
About the Role
Our Solution Support team is looking for a new team member.
You will provide application support & deployment, ensuring maximum availability and minimal disruption, to a range of fully home-grown to fully outsourced integration-layer solutions that connect multiple Business Units. You will have chance to work with old and new platforms and see how these allow company to deliver millions of items worldwide, on time, every time.
The position reports to the Manager of the Business Reporting & Data Integration support team in Prague, Czech Republic.
• Provide support and consultation to business users and other stakeholders inside and outside IT Services, through tickets and automated alerts
• Ensure that resolution of incidents and completion of requests for the solutions under your ownership are within SLA and driving excellent customer satisfaction, by coordinating the resolution activities with different IT teams and communicating with the stakeholders, including senior management
• Take charge of the more junior members assigned to your projects, by assisting and coaching them, and by helping them develop their technical skills
• Liaise closely with architects and developers when introducing or upgrading systems, services or features, by identify and mitigate related risks, participating to the knowledge sharing sessions and consequent successful TAT, RTP & hypercare
• Proactively identify and coordinate improvement initiatives that can benefit team and customer, in particular in terms of system documentation and process re-engineering as well as automation, leveraging the automation experts and platforms to develop your ideas
• At least 3 years of experience in Application Support, ideally working on ETL, EDW or BI solutions, ideally Teradata TPT or IBM Cognos
• Expert knowledge of SQL, in particular Teradata DML
• Expert knowledge in Linux administration, in particular RHEL
• Good analytical thinking
• Strong risk management and experience in impact analysis during troubleshooting, change management and on-boarding
• Customer-centred, detail-oriented and fast-learning attitude
• Fluent business English
Nice to Have Skills
• Knowledge of Windows administration with PowerShell
• Shell scripting in Bash, Perl and/or Python
• Some knowledge of Java and Angular.js
• Experience with the administration and/or design of any of the following: Automic, Splunk, Zabbix, ElasticSearch
• ITIL knowledge, in particular around Incident, Problem and Change Management
• Experience with Service Ownership or Service Management