About the Client
Our client is providing international courier, parcel, and express mail services. It is the world's largest logistics company operating around the world.
About the Role
Application support team is looking for an enthusiastic person who is keen to learn how to support key systems to ensure the maximum availability and minimal disruption to business continuity.
The role will work on systems which plan, control and run the P&P business unit which is responsible for letter & parcel delivery in Germany.
• Deliver application operation support within Service Level Agreements to the Post&Parcel business in Germany according to ITS processes with the main focus on Incident and Problem Management
• Demonstrate ownership of assigned events and incidents through to restoration and collaborate with other support teams within the organization and external suppliers
• Coordinate activities and communicate with impacted stakeholders as per incident management process
• Monitor supported services and systems
• Continuous improvement of the automated monitoring of the application
• Execution of operational acceptance test according to the release to production process
• Bugfixing of existing applications together with development team
• Maintain technical documentation and the knowledge of supported applications
• Proficient technical knowledge of Linux operating system
• Knowledge of PostgreSQL and Oracle database
• Advanced knowledge of Python is a must; more scripting languages would be beneficial
• Proficient in at least one application server technology
• Practical experience with geographical information systems would be beneficial
• Practical experience in Application Monitoring with e.g. HP OpenView, Splunk or similar tool
• Ability to use English in daily communication
• Willingness to support development teams in bugfixing and improving application performance and robustness
• German language skills would be beneficial
• Good time-management, organizational, multi-task and prioritization skills
Nice to Have Skills
Our mission is to offer variety of matching jobs to qualified candidates and fulfil our client recruitment and project needs. We have decided to operate and source in Eastern European countries.
Klariská 14, 811 03 Bratislava, Slovakia Lidická 700/19, 602 00 Brno, Czech Republic