About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. We embrace a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
About the Role
We are looking for (senior) software developer to join the Security Solutions product area.
• As a software developer in an agile team, your work will include technical analysis, system design, implementation, unit and integration testing
• We develop new applications and maintain and extend existing solutions applying DevOps principles
• You will collaborate with other teams and our internal customers in an international and multicultural setup to ensure solutions align with each other and meet business requirements and expectations
• The role provides you an opportunity to learn and improve your skills in many areas. We support your professional development and provide career opportunities within and beyond the product area.
We are an agile organization responsible for software solutions for the Chief Security Officer (CSO) organization of Swiss Re. These serve the needs of information security as well as identity and access management (IAM), for example: processing joiners and leavers, managing access rights, authentication and authorization. Our mission is to provide reliable services and first-class experiences to clients across the Swiss Re group as well as our partners and B2B customer organizations.
You will join a team designing, developing, testing, deploying and maintaining software components in private cloud based application landscape. Your immediate coworkers are based in Bratislava (SK). You will also work closely with colleagues in Zurich (CH) and Riga (LV).
• You have a higher education degree (at least B.Sc.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other applicable field, and 4+ years of work experience
• You understand and practice object-oriented software development e.g. design patterns, SOLID principles
• You routinely write automated unit tests and are familiar with at least one mainstream unit test framework
• You have experience with agile software development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban), version control and CI/CD processes
• You can work with SQL and understand relational databases
• You communicate well in English
• You are able to work independently, prioritize tasks, drive objections to completion, and report any impediments
• You are flexible and open for new tasks and continuous learning
Nice to Have Skills