About the Client
Our client is an international company providing retirement services, insurance, investments and banking products that has been in the Czech Republic for 25 year.
About the Role
The Scrum Master is responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum as defined in the Scrum Guide. Scrum Master does this by helping everyone understand Scrum theory, practices, rules, and values. The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the Scrum Team. The Scrum Master helps those outside the Scrum Team understand which of their interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which aren’t.
- Ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team as well as possible. Finding techniques for effective Product Backlog management.
- Helping the Scrum Team understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items. Ensuring the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value.
- Coaching the Development Team in self-organization and cross-functionality. Helping the Development Team to create high-value products. Removing impediments to the Development Team’s progress.
- Coaching the Development Team in organizational environments in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood. Leading and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption.
- Planning Scrum implementations within the organization. Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum and empirical product development.
- Causing change that increases the productivity of the Scrum Team. Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
- Work with the Scrum Team and the organization to increase the transparency of Scrum artifacts. Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed.
- Ensuring that Scrum events take place and that attendants understand its purpose, teaching the Scrum Team to keep Scrum events within the time-box.
- Understanding and practicing agility. Knowledge of Scrum and other Agile frameworks (XP, Lean, LeSS, etc.)
- Understanding product planning and product development in an empirical environment.
- Knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment and transparency.
- Knowledge of documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum: Burndown, Retrospective formats, defects, etc.
Nice to Have Skills
- Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certification
- Czech and English language at advanced level