About the Client
Our client is a software company developing applications for foreign partners from the United States, Denmark, or the UK. For more than 12 years, he has been developing modern technologies for interesting startups in the areas of IT services, cloud, health, biotechnology and telecommunications.
About the Role
For our client we are looking for mid-level developer who will be working on pharmaceutical project for New York branch.
• Design and development of distributed services using Ruby on Rails, MySQL,
Postgres amongst other tools.
• Knowledge of REST and experience in developing RESTful services
• Capability to develop scalable, highly performant code
• Works collaboratively as part of the development team with product managers, UI
engineers and UX designers, in an agile environment
• Ability to debug and analyze issues in a distributed SOA environment to find root
causes and make technical impact assessments
• Can thrive working in a fast paced dynamic environment
• A desire to stay current with new technologies and engineering concepts
• Good presentation and communication skills (particularly by phone), including
development of service contract documents.
• 2+ years of development using Ruby, Java, Python, C# or C++
• 2+ years’ experience with Object Oriented analysis and design
• 2 years’ experience with Ruby On Rails 4.X and 5.X
• Ability to effectively critique other’s code in Pull Requests
• Capacity to refactor code for purposes of efficiency, improved performance
• Experience with BDD and TDD and ability to apply appropriate design patterns
• Experience with rspec & cucumber or other unit test frameworks in other languages
• Ability to write acceptance criteria for features in simple business language
• Experience with complex SQL queries and database performance issues
• Use of a distributed source control system (such as Git)
• Experience with deploying to cloud hosting environments, such as AWS
Nice to Have Skills
• Healthcare and clinical trial domain experience a definite plus