About the Client
Our client is a risk tech start-up within one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. They anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Our client provides digital, bespoke and transparent L&H and P&C protection products in a B2B2C manner. Founded in 2014, they are transforming the way consumers buy insurance with a unique digital insurance engine which incorporates the latest technology with world-class underwriting capabilities. They build strong partnerships to sell insurance via trusted brands.
About the Role
Our client has assembled its own service-oriented policy platform on cloud infrastructure which is live with insurance partners in multiple geographies. As Release and Support Manager you will be a part of the Platform team, ensuring high quality releases get to market quickly and with the required quality. You will play a hands-on role in maintaining quality and driving improvement in the pipeline and builds, while ensuring colleagues and stakeholders have clear information on development and production releases and fixes at all times.
- Delivering, monitoring and reporting on the status of Platform releases, throughout the development, deployment and support lifecycle
- Hands on pipeline and release management
- Proactively initiating technology and process improvements with DevOps and QA colleagues to ensure adequate pipeline and automation tools are in place
- Driving release quality and CI/CD operations
- Ownership of acceptance criteria for Production Go-Live and continuous monitoring of meeting those criteria
- Mitigating production downtime through proactive monitoring, triage and solving of production incidents reported via Level 1 and 2 support teams.
- Being the Platform interface with Level 1 & 2 support teams
- Continuously improving the support process with and SRE mindset
- Communicate to stakeholders immediate and future releases
- Conduct incident post-mortems to identify root-causes and implement learnings
- Experience of Development, DevOps or QA roles
- Release and/or Support Management experience
- Great problem-solving skills and a focus on continuous improvement
- Make data driven decisions
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution and increasing transparency
- Great communication and reporting skills
- Become a subject matter expert on various topics, define processes and provide training and documentation for your colleagues.
- At least two years of experience working in a CI/CD environment
- Experience with Agile software delivery methodologies (Scrum / Kanban)
- Good knowledge of AWS/EKS
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Git
- University degree in computer science
- Fluency in written and spoken English (B2 at least)
- Intercultural competence, global mindset, strong communication skills, solution orientation, willingness to learn and flexibility
Nice to Have Skills
AWS services, Terraform, Ansible, GitLab, Docker, Kafka, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Linux (RHEL/CENTOS), Python, Bash, Java, Node Js and more!