About the Client
Our client is the Central European betting operator. Originally a Czech firm, it has grown into a holding company over time, and it now operates not only at Czech Republic, but also in Slovakia, Poland, Romania and Croatia.
About the Role
As Python Developer you will be part of the agile team working on the key components of the betting system (back-end, front-end, utilities) for our retail branches.
● Develop Python 3 applications while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle - from concept and design to testing.
● Create applications to support business requirements and projects.
● Develop, implement, maintain and document applications, components, and interfaces of the betting system running on a Linux platform.
● Ensure designs follow compliance with specifications.
● Design and conduct tests (unit, functional, automated).
● Write well designed, testable and efficient code.
● Contribute to team meetings and cooperate with other colleagues.
● At least 3 years’ experience in Python development (Python 3 for is big plus)
● Experience in Linux operating system (Red Hat or CentOS is an advantage)
● Experience in XML technology and in technology message brokers (RabbitMQ)
● Experience in SQL databases (PostgreSQL is big plus)
● Experience in technology for SW version control (Git)
● Knowledge of design patterns and unit tests
● Communicative knowledge of Czech (or Slovak) language as well as English
● A team player who is comfortable working with agile methodology and tools and who is effective working both independently and collaboratively
Nice to Have Skills
● Qt framework knowledge is an advantage
● Sports betting knowledge is an advantage