About the Client
Our client is providing international courier, parcel, and express mail services. It is the world's largest logistics company operating around the world.
About the Role
For our client, we are seeking for a talented Enterprise Architect – Tools and Monitoring. You are expected to deliver technical and architecture design and formulate standards related IT monitoring landscape (Infrastructure, Application and Business Process). You will act as the SME (Subject Matter Expert) and 3rd level support and also provide technical consultancy to support the design and implementation planning of new infrastructure technologies.
- Role involves both Architecting, implementation planning and executing with some measure of hands-on work
- Set up Enterprise monitoring framework and governance
- Research on emerging related technologies in support of increased cost effectiveness and flexibility
- Product selection inclusive of PoC & RFI/RFP support
- Providing strategic directions for standardizing of monitoring landscape and efficient use of resources for proactive application and infrastructure monitoring
- Establish and leverage key strategic vendor relationships
- Develop and maintain build standards of related services
- Design and implement automation initiatives to optimize the current state
- Form and lead global virtual teams creating functional touch points with both architecture and operation teams enabling the on-boarding of new product/technologies to improve infrastructure supporting the global strategy
- Deliver complex Infrastructure Projects Implementation
- Infrastructure Problem Management - provide 3rd level problem management support for relevant Tools and Monitoring services
Products you need to be familiar with
- Microfocus OML
- Microfocus Sitescope
- IBM Tivoli
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in IT or related field with a minimum of 5 of those years focusing on enterprise Tools and Monitoring
- End-to-end product lifecycle management from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Good knowledge of Operating Systems, System Management, Hardware, Big Data, Automation tools and virtualization technologies, interoperation of all these technologies as applicable
- Demonstrated skill in critical thinking and problem-solving methods
- Demonstrable experience designing highly available, highly scalable production systems
- Exposure to Multi cloud infrastructure
- Vision for information delivery and management and driving execution of the roadmap, including enterprise data architecture, big data, analytics and data management.
- Ability to work successfully in a global team environment
- Ability to work in a multi-functional and multi-cultural environment where consensus is paramount
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to senior leaders
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills: Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships with partners
- Experience of indirect management – managing by influence as opposed to positional authority.
- Experience with technical writing, such as authoring/co-authoring structured technical design
Nice to Have Skills
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Knowledge in Architecture frameworks like TOGAF will be highly regarded
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages such as Python, Java, C++, etc.