About the Client
Our client is a provider of IT solutions, systems, hardware and software services in banking sector. It operates data centres, bank systems, POS terminals and HW (servers and PC) and is responsible for development, implementation, support and servicing of banking software and its operations in Central and Eastern Europe.
About the Role
You would have chance to work among designers and developers, analysts and engineers, product owners and product managers, architects, writers, coaches, testers and, well, a few bankers who are responsible for born and raise of one of the leading internet banking systems in CEE. They are agile & awesome, creative & brave, playful & serious and we are looking for like-minded people to join us. If you are a believer in the craft of Software Engineering and your ability to push the boundaries of what is possible on the web this might be interesting opportunity for you.
As Platform Engineer you would help to define and execute, to forge the plan on how the ecosystem will change over the next few years.
Platform currently consists of a handful of services running on Spring Boot and Java/Kotlin, serving three frontends (JS, Android and iOS). Client started moving to a cloud-native microservice architecture, running on Kubernetes/OpenShift.
- As a part of the Platform team, you will put forward our tools, service, and guidelines to help squads work independently and self organized
- Facilitate the exchange from different stakeholders ranging from development, operations, and security to business and organization
- Services running on Spring Boot and Java/Kotlin, serving three frontends (JS, Android and iOS)
- 3-5 years professional experience in developing and operating software solutions
- Understanding in architecture and system thinking
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices
- A good grip of designing and building HTTP APIs
- Interest in backend technologies
- Love for code quality and testing
- The ability to express your values and opinions, articulating them in fluent English
Nice to Have Skills
- Knowledge of the Spring ecosystem
- Fluency in Java or Kotlin including experience with related technologies and frameworks
- Past experience with Elasticsearch or other distributed search or analytic engines
- Technical writing is nothing new to you
- Experience in build and quality management systems (e.g. Jenkins, Teamcity, Sonarqube)
- Experience in DevOps principles or securing web applications