About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cyber crime. Our client is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Role
The engineer develops, inspects and tests delivered data, executes reconciliations, coordinates deployments for releases, actively increases data quality in the warehouse and consults the business system developers on data quality improvements. The new team member will become the key person for a good collaboration with the business application team.
We work in an agile DevOps setup. We emphasize team work and always strive to improve. The engineer is actively contributing to deployment & test automation.
- Develops & maintains the data load workflows of our data warehouse based on Oracle 12c and Informatica Power-center.
- Uses our in-house developed code generators and deployment automations, which accelerates our time to market and release frequency.
- Develops, tests and deploys data-marts and delivery views with advanced database PL/SQL and software development skills.
- Tunes and optimizes load performance.
- Collaborates and interacts with source system developers and reporting developers.
- Builds data marts and information delivery views for customers
- Uses (or is able to learn) programming languages like Python, Java, Groovy, Bash and deployment/testing tools like Bamboo, Gradle Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Maven, Gradle to increase our level of automation
- Is delivering reliable, high quality information items as contribution to our team that delivers frequent data warehouse.
- You have a minimum 3-5 year experience with Oracle Data Warehouses and you have built load processes or used ETL tools like Informatica Power Center, Kettle/Pentaho.
- You have proven knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server) and database development tools like Toad for Oracle, SQLPlus, Sybase Power Designer, PL/SQL).
- You are experienced with software development tool chains like Source Control (GitHub, SVN, TFS), Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bamboo), Testing (DBUnit, JUnit), Build Tools (Gradle, Ansible, Maven).
- You are proficient in English. Speaking German is a plus.
Nice to Have Skills