About the Client
A Czech company, which develops and customizes own financial systems for 10 top world markets.
About the Role
The main task is to drive his team. The key competencies are team management, task assignement, evaluation and communication of the results. Leader key responsibility is to ensure continuous development during whole lifecycle.
- to be responsible for a team of network engineers and administration functions for the technology platforms.
- the role has line management responsibility for a team of staff.
- to work and liaise with other operations teams and the wider technical community in order to diagnose and fix service affecting issues.
- to work and liaise with other operations teams and the wider technical community on design, implementation, and transition to BAU operation of new network infrastructure.
- to ensure that the platforms remain highly available.
- group documentation & processes (Strategy, Plan, Policy, Guidelines, etc.).
- audit risk mitigation and audit defense.
- cost reduction and optimization of service assets, including usage efficiency across the Group.
- support other IT teams including (e.g. Procurement, Finance, IT Production Services).
- advanced knowledge of TCP/IP
- layer architecture, switching/routing principles,…
- knowledge of general LAN/WAN technologies
- advanced knowledge of Cisco/HPE technologies
- experience with large WAN technologies- P2P, MPLS,…
- experience with dynamic routing and high-availability protocols - OSPF, BGP, …
- experience with redundant Cisco switches/routers configuration - HSRP, VSS, vPC
- Knowledge of network security principles - firewalls, VPN,…
- experience with standard network services and applications - DNS, WWW, e-mail, FTP, SSH,…
- experience with system monitoring and reporting
- experience with performance monitoring
- fluent English both spoken and written;
- understanding of IT infrastructure;
- good knowledge of project management principles;
- current, industry recognised, advanced certification, ideally CCIE, JNCIE or equivalent
Nice to Have Skills