About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. The aim of the our client is to enable society to thrive and progress, creating new opportunities and solutions for its clients. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1863, the our client operates through a network of around 80 offices globally. It is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Role
- The Network Engineer acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for our global network footprint; builds positive cross-functional team dynamics and relationships with customer and other units; maintaining healthy and productive communities within the wider organization.
- She/he supports the existing engineering team in their daily work and takes over the responsibility in service design and transition to deliver a constantly improving, cost efficient and highly available service.
- Provides expert technical assistance for issues that cannot be resolved within operations and reviews product and integration architecture
- Provides expert advice directly to customers
- Interact with the outsourcing partner(s) to insure that they develop, validate and support the solutions required by our client and meet out client security and networking standards )
- Looks for different and better ways of doing things and actively bringing them up with improvement proposals
- Optimize the existing environment by evaluating and developing new technologies/products/concepts and lead PoCs and lab testing; manage roadmaps and product portfolios
- Ability to design high availability networking concepts and techniques i.e. Load Balancing, Clustering, Failover, diverse connectivity scenarios
- Troubleshoot and resolve network performance related issues especially with regard to application migration to the various clouds
- Ability to carry out detailed network and security analyses (troubleshooting, developing optimization proposals etc)
- Knowledge, deep understanding and experience of Riverbed's WAN Optimization technologies including HTTPs and SMBv3 optimization.
- Experience with Riverbed Steel Central Solution including Shark, Profiler, Gateway and Transaction Analyzer
- Familiarity with NPM (network performance management) and APM (application performance management) disciplines
- Understanding of SD-WAN technology
- Deep understanding of BGP routing
- LAN/WAN/SD-WAN technologies
- WAN routing technologies i.e. MPLS, OSPF, BGP, Overlay VPNs
- Network security e.g Cisco firewalls or others, Cisco ISE, Cisco ACI, VMware NSX, Algosec
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco routing/switching and Firewalls software including Cisco IOS, ASA OS, and NX-OS
- VPN knowledge (site to site, overlay networking) with emphasis on Cloud connectivity
- Experience working with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools e.g Solarwinds, Wireshark
- Proven experience in Windows and or Linux operating systems
Nice to Have Skills
- Scripting/Programming know-how such as PowerShell, Perl/Python, Bash/Shell
- Automation tooling knowledge a plus