About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. They anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Linux Cloud Engineer in order to improve our ability to deliver reliable, cost-effective and modern solutions in private and public cloud environments (e.g. Swisscom Cloud, MS Azure).
We need a specialist for: engineering our Linux cloud service and cloud infrastructure, drive process automation to next level (ADO) and look after our management system (SUSE and SUSE Manager) with a good understanding of computer and network security (LDAP, Kerberos).
• design and automated build of Linux blueprints based on IT governance,
• design, plan, implement, enhance managed infrastructure services (LDAP, Kerberos, Puppet, CMDB),
• provide consultancy to customers and our operation team (2nd level support).
• 4+ years' experience of Linux system engineering (SLES, Ubuntu, RHEL)
• 2+ years' experience in software development (e.g. Ruby, Python, C++)
• Excellent understanding of general technical concepts like LDAP, Kerberos, DNS, DHCP, networking
• Excellent knowledge of automation, configuration and infrastructure management (preferably Puppet)
• Excellent knowledge of concepts, engineering, implementation, usage and operations; able to approach topics from a holistic view
Nice to Have Skills
• Security background