About the Client
Our client is a leading multi-line insurer that serves its customers in global and local markets. With about 53,000 employees, it provides a wide range of property and casualty, and life insurance products and services in more than 210 countries and territories. Its customers include individuals, small businesses, and mid-sized and large companies, as well as multinational corporations.
About the Role
We are looking for Java Developer.
Insurance Solutions within Business Technology Solutions seeks a Junior Java Developer for a Guidewire based solution to support a global, business critical application.
In this role you will collaborate in a SCRUM team primarily with other developers, business analysts, testers and business stakeholders spread around the world to build, implement, operate, and maintain new underwriting pricing products across multiple Commercial Insurance lines of business.
In this busy working environment, the need to collaborate and communicate with peers and stakeholders at all levels of the organisation in an agile environment is of high importance.
As Guidewire Junior Developer your main responsibilities will involve:
- As part of a dynamic project team spread across multiple locations work as developer on a Guidewire platform, specifically utilising PolicyCentre 10.1, to deliver and maintain new business driven products.
- Working within a fast-paced agile framework, participate in new product development based on business requirements (defined during ‘Inception’ working sessions with multiple stakeholders) ensuring, with support, coding meets Guidewire standards.
- Work on integrated development tasks.
- When not working on new product releases participate in Maintenance Releases developing smaller projects (such as integrations with other applications, on-going performance assessments, enhancements to current products, identifying and fixing bugs etc.) writing code in GOSU/Java for configuration work and/or integration development and ensure tickets are comprehensively updated for reference.
- Within the project development team, align with other developers and document methods of coding for specific topics to ensure transparency.
- Participate in on-going unit testing and subsequent UAT ensuring bugs are identified and correctly fixed within the project framework
- 1 year of experience with software engineering or software systems engineering in professional or academic environments
- 1 year of experience with server-side programming in Java/JEE in professional or academic environments.
- 1 year of experience working with XML, JSON, or YAML in professional or academic environments.
- 1 year of experience with JEE Application Servers / Web Containers: Apache Tomcat, Weblogic, JBoss, IBM Websphere Application Server…
- 1 year of experience in SQL language and RDBMS such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL…
- 1 year of experience with software version control systems, including Git preferred in professional or academic environments
- Knowledge of Web Services (SOAP/REST) is a plus
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to colleagues
- Ability to work in a fast-changing, dynamic, and agile environment
- English B2 / C1
Nice to Have Skills