About the Client
Our client is growing and dynamic entrepreneurial team within the established reinsurance company. This start-up unit is established to provide innovative protection solutions directly to consumers. The team delivers the coordination, infrastructure and competences that are key to driving forward this new business; working closely with partners and clients. The mission is to reduce the protection gap by simplifying life insurance and making it more accessible to people.
About the Role
As a junior developer you will be responsible for development of functional requirements, solution design, testing and implementation of new insurance applications and/or enhancements to existing platforms. You will also work alongside with more senior members of the development team, developing unit tests, participating in IT work sessions and continuously improving your programming and communication skills.
- Acquire and apply IT knowledge related - but not limited - to: React JS, Java/SpringBoot, Kafka, Sitecore, .Net, NodeJS and Typescript.
- Develop new features and services for insurance platform.
- Collaborate with the team to build solution design specifications and implementation plan.
- Gain product experience and technical skills through assigned role and training.
- Build, test, deploy and document code according to best practices.
- Provide post-production support including fixing bugs and/or defects.
- Assessment of functional requirements and communication with Business Analysts and Product owner/IT Project manager.
- Experience with full-stack development and good knowledge in React JS, Java/SpringBoot, Kafka, Sitecore, .Net, NodeJS and Typescript.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and continually improve the delivery process.
- Strong teamwork, demonstrating collaboration and good communication.
- Tech-savvy with excellent analytical skills.
- Team player that is willing to engage in discussions around proposed solutions as well as provide constructive feedback
- Good understanding of overall development process and automated testing concept.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field)
Nice to Have Skills