About the Client
Our client is providing international courier, parcel, and express mail services. It is the world's largest logistics company operating around the world.
About the Role
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of the client´s Group API project with the goal of providing one-stop-shop for all APIs provided by whole client´s group. Project uses state of the art technologies and the project team operates in different locations around the globe in DevOps and Agile mode.
You will be responsible for the delivery of new functionality for the Group Shipment Tracking API within a DevOps squad team. The API provides detailed information about delivery of client´s shipments. The solution uses various cloud datacenters over the whole world to be close to customers and to ensure a quick response.
Development is done using micro-service architecture mostly based on Java Spring framework. Hosted on Open Shift containers or Kubernetes in Google Cloud Cluster. Reactive programming and Event Driven architecture is employed. Overall security layer and policies are provided by Apigee solution.
- Strong knowledge of Java technologies (Java 8/11, Spring Framework, Junit, Maven, Rest & Soap API, Git flow)
- OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker
- Microservice-based architecture experience
- Knowledge of Reactive programming (React, Netty)
- Passion to learn new technologies and build new projects
- Willingness to run extra mile for the project
- Knowledge of Cloud based solutions (Google Cloud preferred)
- CI/CD solutions like Jenkins
Nice to Have Skills
- Knowledge of scalable cloud systems and dependable distributed systems
- Experience in a Scrum development team environment
- Automated test frameworks (e.g. RestAssured, Robot Framework,..)
- Basic understanding of nonSQL DB (Cassandra)
- Basic understanding of messaging infrastructure (eg. Kafka, IBM MQ)