About the Client
Our client is one of the leading providers of telecommunication and IT services in the Czech republic and worldwide.
About the Role
For our client we are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Java EE developer who will be working in the area of backend systems development.
- In the position of Java Developer you will be directly engaged in development of a micro-payment system. System primarily processes payment transactions and subscriptions from our partners like Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon, Netflix etc. It serves more than 10 countries within client´s group and integrates partners through standardized REST and SOAP APIs.
- Client is not just implementing new demand but also currently rebuilding applications following the microservices approach and like to do things the right way. Client´s applications are written in Java EE 8, client is using reputable libraries and frameworks like Spring (Core, Boot, Data, …), Hibernate, CXF, RabbitMQ or Docker & Kubernetes. Client is proud of nearly 100% uptime and vast regression test coverage. Client does pure backend, no UIs.
- You will be involved in every stage of SW lifecycle, from business requirements analysis in the cooperation with Product Owner, through development in agile team (Scrum), deployment in the cooperation with Operations, to problem resolutions in production environment.
- Broad experience with Java EE, experience in design and implementation of new software components, technologies and services – those are the main attributes in your skillset.
- To be able to develop high quality code. Be familiar with Unit testing, test automation and TDD/BDD.
- Experience with agile software development principles (Scrum) and awareness of DevOps principles going to ease your first days at client.
- Intermediate English (at least) is a must for your daily cooperation in an international environment
- Being a team player, capable of formulating your opinion, with natural motivation to develop high quality products
Nice to Have Skills