About the Client
Become a part of a growing and dynamic entrepreneurial team. Client is a start-up unit, established to provide innovative protection solutions directly to consumers. Our team delivers the coordination, infrastructure and competences that are key to driving forward this new business; working closely with our partners and clients. Our mission is to reduce the protection gap by simplifying life insurance and making it more accessible to people. Our motto is "now life is easier for everyone". For us this means making life insurance easier to sell, to buy and to trust.
About the Role
You will be working as a member of the IT Ops Operations team.
The team provide enterprise-class cloud services which are used by the software delivery teams and other business users.You will be working closely with our internal customers to ensure well-maintained cloud services are operational and meet expected quality of service.
The role is responsible for the deployment, maintenance and testing of services within AWS cloud infrastructure. Experience with a broad range of AWS services, open source technologies and application servers is beneficial.
- Ensure infrastructure networking and computing systems remain available during production hours.
- Interact with management and staff to provide analytical and technical assistance for continuous improvement of IT solutions.
- Manage local technical projects.
- Maintain or create policies, procedures, and processes.
- Identify root-causes of operational issues and process inefficiencies.
- Update and maintain Help Desk Documentation and knowledgebase articles
- Investigate the root cause of complex incidents and then initiate actions to improve or correct the situation.
- Mentor and coach colleagues and seek opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Evaluate, authorize, prioritize, plan, test, implement, document and review complex changes in controlled manner or escalate to higher authority.
- Operate all IT services according to management protocols and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Serve as technical lead to assure delivery of the service in critical situations.
-Design and develop features such as monitoring dashboards, custom metrics, log search pattern and alarms required for support of IT Operation.
- Automate routine operational tasks or other maintenance actions.
- Provide support for cloud services and workflows.
- Plan and execute migrations from cloud-to-cloud infrastructure.
Knowledge of the ITIL/Scrum methodology.
- Very good knowledge of JIRA and Confluence from application administrator perspective and user perspective
- Experience with configuration management solutions such as Ansible or/and Salt
- Proficient in Bash
- Very good knowledge of Red Hat/CentOS and other Linux based operating systems
- Working knowledge of VMware virtualization is beneficial
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems might be required
- Extensive experience of networking concepts and network protocols including IP, TCP, UDP, HTTP, TLS
- Experience of network services including load balancing, proxies, routing, DMZs, and firewalls
- Knowledge of database concepts, technologies and tools
- Basic familiarity with CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Development) concepts, methodologies and tools
- Experience with and interest in open source software communities
- AWS networking VPC, load balancing, security groups is beneficial
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
Nice to Have Skills