About the Client
Our client was established in 2009 and it is the largest Central European betting operator. Originally a Czech firm (established 1990), it has grown into a holding company over time, and it now also operates on the Slovak, Polish, Romanian and Croatian markets. With its own R&D center in Prague and several other departments forming international HQ in Florentinum with over 400 employees and with over 6000 in CEE.
About the Role
Client is looking for new member for their IT Infrastructure Team
● Handle the IT infrastructure architectural area.
● Plan future development of our infrastructure environment.
● Refine, document and communicate architectural principles.
● Participate in the architectural design of individual projects.
● Ensure that the solutions designed within projects are architecturally compliant.
● Contribute towards increasing the maturity of IT architecture competence.
● Propose specific components and technologies which should be used for future development.
● Enforce and monitor the "agreed upon" policies and best practices throughout the organization.
● Coordinate technical work with vendors.
● Play a role in the definition of modern IT development and operations processes (Agile, DevOps), propose if, how and when such processes are appropriate, but also be aware when traditional processes are better suited.
● Create Requests for the Procurement Department.
● University degree in a relevant subject
● Experience as an IT Infrastructure Architect (3+ years)
● Experience in designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions
● Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues
● Experience in planning and developing support processes and adhering to best practices
● Operational/engineering background in infrastructure field
● Knowledge (or at least overview) of OpenShift/Kubernetes/Docker is a big plus
● Knowledge of Network, Firewall, Security, Storage (NAS/SAN/object), x86 server HW, Virtualization (VMware) principles and best practices
● Overview of infrastructure automation, deployment and configuration management (RH Satellite, Ansible, CloudForms, Rundeck)
● OpenSource and Linux orientation is a must, some experience with MS based world is a plus
● Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
● Fluent Czech or Slovak and English
● Good ability to document solutions, both in written form and using appropriate visual tools/techniques, e.g. Visio, Enterprise Architect, UML
● Experience with the enterprise architecture discipline incl. knowledge of relevant frameworks (e.g. TOGAF) welcome, but not required.
● Ability to document solutions, both in written form (Confluence) and using appropriate visual tools/ techniques (Visio, Enterprise Architect, UML ...)
Nice to Have Skills