About the Client
The client is Europe's leading specialist electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company.
Their Centre of Excellence in Brno is the specialist internal provider of financial, transactional, HR, logistics and IT services to the UK & Ireland and Nordic retail businesses.
The current Brno infrastructure team is expanding to become playing much wider role within Group IS organization to arrange IT Infrastructure Shared Services function be responsible for building & administering the organisation's Prod (various services including the main company’s eCommerce platform) & Non prod (all company non-prod environments) servers, databases, middleware and end user infrastructure to meet business requirements, adhering to company’s technical standards and security policies.
This infrastructure comprises multiple Infrastructure as a Service offerings that include compute, storage, network, security, backup, load balancing, operating systems, orchestration, automation – some particular services for the particular type of environments are provided in cooperation with suppliers/vendors.
About the Role
You as the IT Architect will be part of management team of IT Infrastructure Shared Services function. As Brno infrastructure team is expanding its responsibility (currently already owning infrastructure the one of the most visited retail site in UK) also taking new ownership for the infrastructure services for various Prod & Non-Prod environments across all company’s platforms we are just searching for a senior IT Infrastructure Architect team to offer an opportunity for skilled people to bring their experience to work.
- You will be part of IT Infrastructure Shared Services management team with a direct influence on the provided services.
- You will get experience how to manage IT Infra Technology roadmap, IT Infra Service Improvement programme.
- You will be part of innovation mgmt. group bringing new technology (Cloud based infra service etc.) in place.
- Min. 5 years of experience with managing, monitoring and architecture of IT systems based on Linux & Microsoft OS, Apache, PHP, Node JS, DB (Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL) – designing, installing, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Good working experience with virtualisation platforms (e.g. VMware) and Cloud services (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud etc.)
- Good working experience with Infrastructure Automation & Orchestration– IaaS & IaaC
- Knowledge of server and application monitoring systems and their architecture (Nagios/Naemon, MS SCOM, Tivoli etc.)
- Deep knowledge of architecture of web based applications
- Advanced knowledge of LAN and WAN and their architecture
- Advanced knowledge of storage technologies and architecture
- Advanced knowledge of security architecture – firewalls, security risks and mitigations
- Basic knowledge of scripting language – Perl, Python, Bash
Nice to Have Skills