About the Client
Our client is a provider of IT solutions, systems, hardware and software services in banking sector. It operates data centres, bank systems, POS terminals and HW (servers and PC) and is responsible for development, implementation, support and servicing of banking software and its operations in Central and Eastern Europe
About the Role
Automation Engineers are responsible for the keeping all user-facing services (most notably CI/CD ToolStack) and many other production systems running smoothly 24/7/365. SREs are a blend of operations gear-heads and software crafters that apply sound engineering principles, operational discipline and mature automation, specializing in systems, whether it be networking, the Linux kernel, or even a specific interest in scaling, algorithms, or distributed systems.
Our CI/CD ToolStack is a unique set of modern tools and it brings unique challenges: it’s large repository instance in existence. The experience of our team feeds back into other engineering groups within the company, as well as to customers running self-managed solutions.
Projects you could work on:
* Coding infrastructure automation with Terraform.
* Improving our Zabbix monitoring and building new metrics.
* Helping release management squad to deploy and troubleshoot new versions of our solutions.
* Migrate existing infrastructure components from its current home in Data center to Cloud Platform.
* Support migration projects for Containers and Cloud.
As a Automation Engineer you will:
* Use your shift to prevent incidents from ever happening.
* Manage our infrastructure with Chef, Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes.
* Make monitoring and alerting alert on symptoms and not on outages.
* Document every action so your learnings turn into repeatable actions and then into automation.
* Use the available in-house or open source products to run our infrastructure as a first resort and improve the product as much as possible
* Improve the deployment process to make it as boring as possible.
* Design, build and maintain core infrastructure pieces that allow CI/CD ToolStack scaling to support hundreds of thousands of concurrent data.
* Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
* Plan the growth of CI/CD ToolStack infrastructure.
You may be a fit to this role if you:
* Think about systems - edge cases, failure modes, behaviors, specific implementations.
* Know your way around Linux and the Unix Shell.
* Know what the use of config management systems like Chef or others is (the one we can use).
* Have solid programming skills.
* Have an urge to collaborate and communicate asynchronously.
* Have an urge to document all the things so you don't need to learn the same thing twice.
* Have a proactive, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it.
* Have an urge for delivering quickly and iterating fast.
* Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
* Have experience with Docker, Nginx, Go, Kubernetes, Zabbix
Areas of expertise for Leveling :
* Git flow
* CDN and load balancing the application
* Kubernetes and containerizing our systems
* Product knowledge
* Monitoring and Metrics in Zabbix and integrations with Slack/Grafana
* Logging infrastructure
* Team organization and planning
* Backend storage management and scaling
* Disaster Recovery and High Availability strategy
Nice to Have Skills