About the Client
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cyber crime. Our client is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Role
- Technical design, implementation and maintenance of database centric applications
- SQL, PL/SQL and Java/Groovy development, testing, deployment
- Performance analysis and tuning
- Improvement of data flows and automation of interfaces, based on existing architecture
- Continuous improvement of software, data and process quality
- Work in Agile team and actively take part in various Agile ceremonies like sprints, planning, retrospective
- Consulting services for other units as needed
- Experience with Oracle 11g/12c database development (Data modelling, Database design, SQL, PL/SQL, performance tuning)
- Experience in Data centric Java development
- Knowledge of ETL tools (i.e. PowerCenter) and Data modelling tools (i.e. Power Designer) is an advantage
- Good communication of English, knowledge of German is an asset.
Nice to Have Skills