About the Client
Our client is a leading European specialized retail company in the field of electrical and telecommunications services and services.
About the Role
You will be part of Nordics IAM team, which has been created to extend IT Infrastructure Shared Services function of Dixons Carphone CoE. As Brno infrastructure team is expanding its responsibility to take new responsibilities in Nordics business area, we are looking for an Identity and Access Management (IAM) Ops Engineer who will be primary responsible for the maintenance & support Nordics IAM solution and will be also involved within IAM roadmap definition and delivery of IAM improvement programme.
What will you do?
- Follow-up of daily operations for IAM team.
- Collaboration with Solution Architects, developers and partners to ensure roadmap is followed and platforms are correctly sized, secured & operational.
- Lead and perform upgrades and performance improvements.
- Coordination & cooperation in the Next-Gen-Operations team to ensure that all tasks are well planned and carried out without unforeseen impact on other systems or components in our architecture.
- Coordination & cooperation with operational partners.
- Cooperation with helpdesk (fixit) to ensure support tickets are followed up and resolved in the best way.
- Periodical reviews of system usage/scaling & restore tests.
- Periodical meetings with vendors/suppliers to follow up operational status, roadmap and support.
- Supporting the business needs on an operational level (system configuration/support).
- Performance testing and preparations for major events (such as Black Friday and peak seasons).
What can you achieve in our team?
- You will be part of team working on administration of Identity and Access Management system for IT digital services driving new retail business in Nordic region.
- You will play an active role in projects as identity advisor and IDM specialist (ops, identity, security).
- You’re welcome to gain our strong experience with unified security model & principles.
- Technical skills with modern standardized platforms (Windows, Linux, Azure)
- IAM platform run on Linux, so Linux management skills are mandatory. (RHEL)
- Future roadmap include tomcat, docker and kubernetes. Will be mandatory to learn these.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues across multiple systems/platforms.
- Ability to cooperate and support colleagues/partners on issues outside of previous experience/knowledge to elevate skills.
- Good communication skills, both within IT and with business representatives.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Structured and effective.
- Very well written and spoken command of English.
- Team player
Nice to Have Skills
Good all-round IT knowledge (OS, platform, network, services, APIs, database).
Experience with system setup, maintenance and support.
Knowledge of Retail Systems preferred (Stores, Online, Customer Center).