About the Client
Our client focuses on game business analysis and hence acts as growth partner for game developers. By scaling through user acquisition, unlocking monetization potential, and understanding of data it becomes an extension of team and so frees other companies time, so they can focus on what they know the best- creating amazing games.
About the Role
For our client we are looking for a manager, who will lead the team of data engineers, data analysts and data scientists who develop and maintain data infrastructure, game analytics and data science products with the goal to deliver specific data services or a package of data-based services internally and externally.
We are looking for a Head of the team who should be from or living near Bratislava (manager have to spend some time at the office, as client´s HQ is based there.
- Defines how different data solutions create additional value for our business through the utilization of its data assets and analytics
- Drives education throughout the business by communicating the vision and use cases of advanced analytics
- Builds the business’s data science and data analytics/engineering talent needs through role definition, recruitment, and development of a team of data scientists
- Mentors the team
- Ensures collaboration between Software Engineering, Data Engineering and Data Science
- Is viewed as an expert in driving knowledge from data science solutions, using layman terms to explain complex models if needed
- Defines vision for data engineering, data analytics and data science
- Coordinates different sized teams to achieve success delivery of the project
- Communicates with the customer
- Creates project roadmap and milestones
- Proven track record of leading data science teams through the successful performance of advanced quantitative analyses and statistical modelling that positively impacts business performance.
- Previous experience in a data scientist or analyst role, involving probability and statistics, machine learning, feature engineering, experimental design and optimization.
- Experience with interpreting data and analytics results to provide actionable insights into user/product behavior and deriving conclusions from those insights.
- Solid knowledge of (statistical) programming languages (such as R, Python, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of SQL.
Communication and interpersonal skills:
- Ability to lead by example and build well functioning teams
- Strong communication skills in order to clearly communicate important messages and information to the team to ensure proper execution of duties.
- Communication skills are also necessary to articulate information clearly while collaborating with other parties and to ensure effective and beneficial collaborative relationships.
- Ability to compile and translate data, numbers and analyses into everyday business English, and present findings to non-technical audience - English on advanced (C1 level) is a must.
- Highly organised, result-oriented and self driven.
- Creative and strategic thinker with innovative and problem solving approach.
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience in video game or entertainment industry, specifically focused on virtual economics.
- Passion for games.