About the Client
Our client one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. They anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
About the Role
Are you passionate about developing native cloud applications? Do you like to work with highly motivated, skilled and cooperative colleagues? Then this job is for you!
For our client we are seeking a Full-Stack Developer in Bratislava to join our client diverse IT team. You will work closely with our client colleagues in Risk Management and develop analytics services and solutions for supporting Sustainability-, Political-, Emerging- and Operational Risks.
In our daily work, we understand problems of our customers and help them to ideate and implement innovative solutions. This involves a wide range of tasks from gaining in-depth knowledge in various areas of (re-) insurance, the translation of business challenges into technical and data science solutions. In addition, it includes solving machine learning and statistical tasks and building solutions that can be applied by our customers in their everyday work. These tasks are as varied as the fields we work in: e.g. understanding the Carbon footprint of our business, automating the extraction of information from textual data, using technology to reduce errors and constantly improve the way we work.
- work on several of the key technology initiatives using cutting-edge data, cloud and integration technologies
- participate in designing and developing end to end applications
- deal with database, client side and server-side components, UI and integration of the application
- communicate with internal and external clients and communication of technical content to a business audience
- work with multi-functional teams in an agile setup
- You have 3+ years of experience in designing and developing custom applications in Java programming language
- Ability of building applications in a multi-tier architecture, including database, UI components of the application.
- You have a solid knowledge about programming in Java with respect to good design, optimizations and long-term maintainability.
- Hands on experience with Java EE and Spring
- Experience with development and operations of applications in cloud environments, preferably Microsoft Azure is an advantage
- Good knowledge in micro-services architecture pattern and understanding of containerization concepts (e.g. Docker)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment concepts along-with relevant tools like Azure DevOps, Bamboo, Jenkins, JIRA etc.
- Experience with SQL databases is an advantage
- You are familiar with Agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- You are passionate about new trends, flexible and open for new tasks with a mentality for continuous learning and development
- You are comfortable communicating in English in person, over remote connections and in writing.
Nice to Have Skills