About the Client
Our client is entertainment group that was established in 2009 and became the largest Central European betting operator. Originally a Czech firm, it has grown into a holding company over time, and it now also operates on the Slovak, Polish, Romanian and Croatian markets.
About the Role
· Maintenance and subsequent refactoring of legacy systems.
· Team capacity and resource planning.
· Skill planning to ensure that the skills of the team are kept relevant.
· Cooperation with other teams, product owners, scrum masters and third party vendors.
· Encourage knowledge sharing within the team. Mentoring individual team members. Supporting positive morale within the team.
· Ensuring that the code developed by the team is high-quality.
· Ensure that documentation is produced.
· Ensure the code is covered by automated tests to a reasonable extent.
· Understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design to code and unit testing. Working with IT architects to specify the technical solution.
Ensure flow of information and news up and down the line.
· BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Good verbal and written communication knowledge of English language
· Proven leadership experience.
· Awareness and interest of modern frameworks and technologies, especially ES6, Vue.js, Kubernetes, Openshift.
· Experience with design or implementation of high-availability and high-performance architecture
· Knowledge of common integration patterns, e.g. messaging queues (esp. RabbitMQ), OOD, design patterns, unit tests, build systems, version control systems (esp. Git)
Experience with agile development or Devops.
· Comfortable working with agile methodology and tools
· Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools
· A team player who is effective working independently and collaboratively
· Ability to learn and use new technologies
· Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
· Enthusiastic when embracing new challenges
· Able to multitask and prioritize (good time-management skills)
· Ability to listen patiently and learn from others
· Willingness to teach and help others
Adaptable and flexile when new tasks or projects are given
Nice to Have Skills
Additionally knowledge of NoSQL DBs (esp. Elastic, Mongo,Hazelcast) is an advantage.