About the Client
Our client is the Central European betting operator. Originally a Czech firm, it has grown into a holding company over time, and it now operates not only at Czech republic, but also in Slovakia, Poland, Romania and Croatia.
About the Role
DevOps engineer will be part of an empowered team that plays a key part in building and enhancing container-based infrastructure. You will work closely together with engineers from other teams and help them to successfully run their code on the platform.
· Implement infrastructure as code, from planned architectures
· Implement Continuous Delivery solutions and help automate various stages of the deployment and testing processes
· Implement monitoring and logging solutions for different technology stacks or container orchestration platforms
· Perform Container Management and Orchestration
· Work with the rest of software development team to ship code, maintain infrastructure
· Build, deploy, monitor and troubleshoot as needed
· Advise developers on schema changes, optimize performance
· Fluent communicative knowledge of Czech (or Slovak) language
· Good (at least intermediate) communicative knowledge of English language
· Proficient in at least one scripting language (Python/Groovy/JAVA etc.)
· Virtualization and in-depth Linux knowledge
· Experience with tools like Maven/Gradle/NPMs, Jenkins and Gitlab CI
· Infrastructure Provisioning experience and Continuous Delivery experience using tools like Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Spacewalk
· Experience with service containerization (i.e. Docker)
· Experience with any orchestration framework (i.e. Kubernetes, OpenShift)
· Experience with Scrum or Agile Methodology
· Be available for a rotating on call schedule.
Nice to Have Skills
· A team player who is comfortable working with agile methodology and tools and who is effective working both independently and collaboratively
· Adaptability and flexibility when new tasks or projects are given