About the Client
Our client is entertainment group that was established in 2009 and became the largest Central European betting operator. Originally a Czech firm, it has grown into a holding company over time, and it now also operates on the Slovak, Polish, Romanian and Croatian markets.
About the Role
The Group Backoffice Manager’s core mission will be to build and manage a high performing Backoffice Software Development Team/ Department.
● Build a great, high performing Backoffice Software Development Department and
realign the existing team members to become topnotch, productive and effective (by
coaching, training, planning, assigning and hiring).
● Lead the unique department of Backoffice Development.
● Closely interact with CxOs and other company managers in defining the R&D
objectives and be an ambassador between IT Development and Business
● Help to define and execute Technology strategy.
● Enforce and monitor the "agreed upon" policies and best practices throughout the
Organization, especially in the own department/teams.
● Perform random code reviews to ensure that the developers adhere to the specified
● Help in building an Agile and DevOps driven organization in terms of values and
processes, however being fully aware of what Waterfall brings on the table at the same
time and how it can live together.
Bachelors degree preferred in areas such as computer science, mathematics and engineering
Proven people management experience in Software Development – 1 year
Experience in Software Development as an expert – 3 years
Sports betting and gaming knowledge is an advantage
English knowledge B2/C1 as a must
Experience both from corporate and small/startup environments highly welcome & appreciated
Experienced with software development process (understand release process, decide what to test and how to test in current application state), including SCRUM/KANBAN or other Agile methodology and also WATERFALL approach
Experience with a big scaled transformation project with external product supplier and internal R&D
CI/CD experience in fast paced software development highly appreciated
Scripting or any OOP language, SQL related DB knowledge – hands-on experience very advantageous
Both Frontend and Backend technology focus
JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo…Attlasian components experience a must
Strong natural personality with coaching and mentoring skills and servant leadership
Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements is an advantage
Nice to Have Skills